Two-Year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree
It all adds up – accountants are well paid and in high demand!
Our two-year Accounting program gives you the foundation for success with solid financial skills! You’ll be prepared for entry-level jobs in various accounting industries or to run your own business. Our small, supportive classrooms and dedicated professors make learning a positive experience.
If you enjoy working with numbers, a career in accounting could be perfect for you! Whether you want to work for yourself or someone else, our program teaches you a basic understanding of accounting, payroll, budgeting, and financial analysis. Courses cover financial and managerial accounting, finance, communications, and business law.
The Delhi Difference
- Small classrooms and supportive faculty create a comfortable learning environment where your success is a top priority.
- Our modern classrooms have the latest educational technology to prepare you for today’s industry.
- You’ll have an opportunity to tailor an independent study project to reinforce learning and develop specific skills in your area of interest.
- Gain valuable real-life experience through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, which allows you to prepare taxes and work with clients in a customer service role.
- Take advantage of on-campus accounting employment opportunities to build your resume and gain work experience in a professional setting.
- You’ll have opportunities to network with our successful alumni, which can lead to internships and job offers.
- As a SUNY Delhi graduate, you’ll confidently integrate the latest technology into everything you do, giving you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Easily transfer into our corresponding Accounting: Information Systems Auditing bachelor’s program, or others.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, tax preparers and accounting/auditing clerks with an associate degree have an entry-level median earnings potential of over $40,000 per year.
My education in the accounting program at SUNY Delhi has been hugely relevant to my career. There is not a class that I took that I don’t use on a daily basis in my work. The professors taught me not only book knowledge, but their experiences from the real world. They were invested in my success. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better place to spend your time in college.”Christine DuBois ’13, Business Analyst, GreenSlate
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Accounting clerk
- Tax preparer
- Auditing or Accounts Payable/Receivable clerk
- Payroll specialist
- Junior auditor
- Staff accountant
- Internal or compliance auditor
- Business analyst
- Kristin Tucker-Seiler ’13, Senior Compliance Auditor, NBT Bank, Norwich, NY
- Christine DuBois ’13, Business Analyst, GreenSlate, Delhi, NY
- Peter Gioffe ’94 - CEO & President, Delaware National Bank of Delhi, Delhi, NY