Carefully review the following as you are planning your trip.
For employees who plan on traveling at least once a year:
- Submit a Citibank NYS Visa Card Application Form at least four weeks in advance of any travel.
- If approved, a card will be ordered and an email will be sent when the card is ready to be picked up.
- You must complete an Acknowledgment/Agreement Form before the card will be given to you.
- Review the Non-Employee Travel/Travel Card Policies & Guidelines section of the Travel Manual.
- All fleet vehicle requests should be made at least ten days prior to travel through the Event Management System (EMS).
- When a traveler is approved to use a fleet vehicle for business travel, a Vehicle
Use Confirmation Form (sent to the traveler via email) must be submitted with the
- The Vehicle Use Confirmation Form will have approved travel dates, the four-digit fuel credit card PIN, a pre/post trip checklist, and instructions on how to pick up the assigned vehicle’s keys.
- In the event that a fleet vehicle is unavailable, a Vehicle Use Denial Form (sent
to the traveler via email) must be submitted with the Travel Request.
- Please review the Personal Owned Vehicle and Car Rentals sections of the Travel Policies & Guidelines.
3. Complete & Submit a Travel Request
The Travel Request Form should be submitted at least 10 days before the travel departure date for any travel in regard to State business that is more than 35 miles from both your official station and your home, even if you are not requesting reimbursement. You are not guaranteed reimbursement if a Travel Request is not submitted prior to travel.
The Travel Request is used as confirmation that you have permission to travel and that there is sufficient funding. The traveler and supervisor/account administrator should verify their funding sources before committing to any expenses associated with the trip. If the expenses incurred while traveling are more than what was authorized on the Travel Request, a traveler will only receive up to the total of the amount allowable by the supervisor or account administrator unless we are notified in writing otherwise.
Submitted with the Travel Request should be…
- Event program/agenda/invitation or schedule of events (if available at the time)
- Approved Request to Exceed Maximum Lodging Rates Form (if necessary; check per diems!)
- Fleet Vehicle Use Confirmation/Denial Form
- Any receipts for authorized prepaid charges with a NET/Travel Card
Completing the Travel Request
Please be sure to complete all of the fields on the Travel Request and acquire the authorized signatures before submitting the form to the Purchasing and Accounts Payable Office.