Appointment of Program Directors
- A program director may be any faculty member who holds a tenure track faculty line.
- The position of program director shall be an appointed position.
- The primary duty of a program director is to be a classroom faculty member. Program
directors shall continue teaching a minimum of 9 contact hours per semester.
- The term of office for a program director shall be one (1) year. A program director
may serve an unlimited number of terms.
- The program director position shall have a ten (10) month period of obligation.
- Program directors will receive a fixed stipend of $3,500 per semester.
- The program director may resign from the position at any time, with notification to
members of the department, the dean, and the provost, without jeopardy to the individual’s
- The program director may be removed at any time during the term by the provost, in consultation with the school dean.
- Prior to the appointment of a program director, the school dean will solicit interest
among all faculty members of their respective schools and/or specific program area(s),
which will include providing a written position announcement to each faculty member
within the respective program area(s).
- The notice shall invite qualified faculty to submit applications and nominations for
the position to the school dean. Each candidate shall submit a short letter of interest,
stating his or her qualifications, along with an updated CV or resume.
- The program area as a whole shall interview each candidate and submit written comments
and recommendations to the dean and the provost.
- The school dean and provost may, singly or jointly, interview all program director
- The final selection of the program director will be made by the provost in conjunction with the school dean.