Electrical Construction and Plumbing
Two-Year Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree
Be an irreplaceable employee with specialties in both electrical and plumbing systems!
Prepare for a wide variety of careers after gaining skills in installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical and plumbing systems in both residential and commercial settings.
If you want to work with your hands and are interested in electrical and plumbing/heating systems, this program is for you! Your first year will focus on coursework in electrical maintenance, layout, and installation. You’ll develop skills in coordinating electrical installations with other trades and becoming familiar with blueprints, specifications, and code requirements. During the second year, you’ll learn to install and repair water, waste disposal, drainage, and gas systems.
The Delhi Difference
- Our dedicated industry-standard facilities and laboratories feature both residential and commercial wiring systems, allowing you to replicate real-world installations and repairs.
- Our expert instructors have years of experience in electrical construction, maintenance, alternative energy, and power generation/distribution.
- Small class sizes create a supportive learning environment.
- Our apprenticeship approach allows plenty of time to practice your skills, take systems apart, and put them back together.
- You will learn to understand and apply the National Electric Code, and New York State Mechanical Code and be qualified to work in any industry that requires electricians on staff.
- Gain experience working on electrical installation and repair projects at local homes and businesses in the Delhi community by participating in the National Electrical Contractors Association student club - one of only 34 student chapters in the world.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth for electricians is expected to be higher than average through 2029.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Facilities maintenance technician
- Electrician/HVAC/plumbing technician/contractor
- Electrical/plumbing mechanic
- Business owner for plumbing or electrical maintenance/repair