Electrical Construction and Refrigeration
Two-Year Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree
Master skills in two in-demand areas for one rewarding career!
Our program prepares you for a wide variety of careers with valuable skills in refrigeration, air conditioning, and electrical maintenance and installation in both residential and commercial settings.
If you want to work with your hands and are interested in electrical installations and refrigeration, this program is for you!
Your first year includes coursework in electrical maintenance, layout, and installation. You’ll develop skills in coordinating electrical installations with other trades and becoming familiar with blueprints, specifications, and code requirements.
The second year covers air conditioning and refrigeration systems. You’ll learn to diagnose and correct problems throughout heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in homes and commercial buildings. You can specialize in either installation or maintenance/repair of heating work, air conditioning, or refrigeration.
The Delhi Difference
- Our dedicated industry-standard facilities and laboratories feature both residential and commercial wiring systems, allowing you to replicate real-world installations and repairs.
- Our expert instructors have years of experience in electrical construction, maintenance, alternative energy, and power generation/distribution.
- Small class sizes create a supportive learning environment.
- Our apprenticeship approach allows plenty of time to practice your skills, take systems apart, and put them back together.
- You will learn to understand and apply the National Electric Code, and New York State Mechanical Code and be qualified to work in any industry that requires electricians on staff.
- Gain experience working on electrical installation and repair projects at local homes and businesses in the Delhi community by participating in the National Electrical Contractors Association student club – one of only 34 student chapters in the world.
- Graduate into a lucrative industry! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, electricians have above-average job growth. Some of our graduates earn up to $100,000 per year.
What Can You Do with This Degree?
- Facilities maintenance technician
- Electrician/HVAC/refrigeration technician/contractor
- Electrical/refrigeration/AC mechanic
- Business owner for refrigeration/AC or electrical maintenance/repair
- Paul Cornale ’03 – HVAC Tech, KSW Mechanical LLS, Long Island City, NY