Electrical Construction & Utility Operations
Electrical Construction & Utility Operations (AAS) (AOS)
Explore new heights!
Our combined program of electrical construction and utility operations is perfect for those who love to be outdoors, figure things out, and explore new heights! This degree was designed to respond to industry need for qualified utility operations workers and will prepare you for employment in this high-demand, dynamic field, or for you to continue your education in one of our outstanding bachelor programs.
- First year: Learn the essential skills all electrical construction workers need.
- Second year: Learn overhead and underground utility installation based on current construction standards and practices, as well as critical safety standards and risk aversion.
- 100% job placement for our graduates nationwide
- Higher than average entry-level salaries as well as opportunities for quick advancement and promotion within the industry (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Dedicated industry-standard facilities and laboratories, featuring replica residential and commercial wiring systems to learn in
- Hands-on, real-life experience and climbing techniques for wood utility poles, and working from a bucket truck, utilizing our on-campus pole yard
- Electrical Utility Lineworker
- Telecommunications Lineworker
- Fiber Optic Installer
- Crane/Elevator Operator
Bachelor's Degree Opportunities at SUNY Delhi
- Construction Management (BT)
- Facilities Management (BT)
- Mechatronics Technology (BT)
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry; Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
- 73 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra; Geometry and Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
SUNY Curriculum Codes:
- AAS Electrical Construction and Utility Operations: 2973
- AOS Electrical Construction and Utility Operations: 2974