2017-2018 (Current Fiscal Year) Purchasing Deadlines
- The last day to send requisitions for fiscal year 2017-2018 (current fiscal year) to the Purchasing Department for processing is Friday, May 4, 2018.
- Wednesday, June 6 is the last day to use your P-card for purchases for fiscal year 2017-2018. Services and commodities must be received on campus by June 30.
- We will not process requisitions for services that will take place after July 1, 2018 with funding from this year - these must be processed with fiscal year 2018-2019 funding. (Example: maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc.) If the service begins before July 1, you can submit the requisition for processing with this year's funding as long as we are paying for it in a lump sum.
- The only exception to the above-mentioned rule is registrations for conferences that occur after July 1, but must be paid in advance in order to secure a place at the conference.
- Any services or travel that will occur between May 4 and June 30 should be submitted by May 4 with “estimated” pricing if the actual prices are not known. This will enable our department to encumber the funds for you now.
- Anything that is purchased with 2017-2018 fiscal year funding must be received by June 30, 2018 and paid for before August 3, 2018, otherwise the funding will come out of the 2018-2019 fiscal year budget. We cannot prepay for items/services that are not received by the deadline. The items/services must be received by June 30, 2018 in order to make payment from fiscal year 2017-2018 budget.
- If you have a blanket requisition that is still open after the May 4 deadline, please use it before June 30. All blanket requisitions will be considered complete as of June 30, 2018 and canceled off the system without further notice.
- Please feel free to submit 2018-2019 blanket requisitions at your convenience but note that we will not be able to process any requisitions for the 2018-2019 fiscal year until approximately July 9, 2018. Our systems will be shut down the entire first week of July to make the switch from the old to new fiscal year.
July 9 is only a tentative date, the date we hope we can begin processing new orders
for the 2018-2019 fiscal year.