Travel Forms

Travel Forms

All faculty and staff who travel at least once per year are encouraged to apply for a NYS Travel and/or NET Card through Citibank. Click here for the application.

State of New York Office of the State Comptroller Travel Manual
The purpose of the Travel Manual is to help agencies and employees understand and apply New York State's travel rules and regulations and to provide instructions regarding reimbursement for expenses while in travel status. The Office of the State Comptroller sets rules and regulations for reimbursement of expenses incurred while traveling on official State business. These rules and regulations are also included by reference in collective bargaining agreements. When traveling on official State business, only actual, necessary and reasonable business expenses will be reimbursed.  

This form is used to document the official business nature of the traveler prior to departure and authorizes the traveler to be in official travel status while on official business. It is also required to verify necessary and reasonable costs with proper supervisor approval prior to travel.

To not be charged NYS sales tax by a New York hotel, motel, lodging house, etc. the ST-129 NYS EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE for TAX ON OCCUPANCY OF HOTEL ROOMS must be presented at check-in by the traveler. You will not receive reimbursement for any sales tax paid on lodging costs in New York State. 

Documents and summarizes all expenses related to your trip. The Travel Voucher or Travel Reconciliation Sheet must be completed and submitted within 30 days upon returning from your trip and must be accompanied by all original and itemized receipts. If you are staying overnight more than one night the Travel Reconciliation Worksheet will need to be submitted to the Purchasing and Accounts Payable office with or instead of a travel voucher. Please use the Statement of Incidental & Transportation and Statement of Meals Claimed forms if it's helpful for you.

TRAVEL RECONCILIATION SHEET may be used instead of the Travel Voucher.  The travel reconciliation sheet performs calculations for you. 

To receive mileage reimbursement for use of your personal vehicle, the Statement of Automobile Travel form must be completed and attached to your travel voucher. Please check this link for current mileage rates.

In order to be eligible to receive mileage reimbursement for use of your personal vehicle, the trip must be fewer than 50 miles one way or the use of a campus vehicle must have been denied. A copy of the denial must be attached and the Statement for Personal Automobile Travel needs to be submitted as well.

When it is cheaper to RENT a car but you would prefer to use your own vehicle, you must adjust the mileage claimed on your travel voucher to be equivalent to the cost of a rental. Use the following Car Rental Calculators link to calculate your expenses and turn in with your Travel Request Form.