Summer Transition Program
Summer College Program
July 30th-August 26th
Students who attend the EOP Summer College Program find their transition to college much smoother and more successful.
- Mandatory for all first-time EOP freshmen
- Four-week program which occurs before the campus Freshman Orientation Program
- Social and Cultural programming provided
- What to bring with you to the Summer College Program
- Directions to Delhi
Goals of the EOP Summer College Program include:
- Students will become familiar with college academic and social expectations, school policies, student services and learning resources of SUNY Delhi.
- Students will be provided with a variety of arenas to actively interact with faculty, staff, student and community members, both in and out of the classroom setting.
- Students will establish new relationships, make new friends and be introduced to a diverse campus community.
- Students will discuss the importance of accountability, responsibility and positive citizenship at SUNY Delhi and beyond.
- Students will be involved with the educational, cultural and social activities that will enhance their quality of life in a rural college community.
What should I bring?
To enjoy the full complement of summer services and to make your stay on campus comfortable, you should bring the following items:
- Government-issued picture ID (e.g., driver's license, non-driver's license, Sheriff's ID or passport). You will need this identification to conduct all college business transactions. If you plan to work on campus during the semester, you will need the original documents of a valid passport or a photo ID, and your Social Security Card or Birth Certificate.
- Medical Insurance ID card.
- Medication and prescriptions (please try and get your prescriptions for the month filled before arriving, if possible).
- Linens (pillow, blanket, towels, etc.). All SUNY Delhi residence hall mattresses require "extra-long" twin sheets (33.5 inches x 80 inches x 6.5 inches or 36 inches x 80 inches x 6.5 inches).
- If possible, please bring clothing that you would be comfortable in for our closing ceremony. (Photos will be taken.)
The following items are recommended for the summer college:
- Warm weather clothing (two weeks of clothes is recommended; washers and dryers are available in the residence hall and FREE for the summer.)
- Jacket and umbrella
- Personal toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoos, etc.)
- Laundry detergent (liquid detergent is preferred)
- Clothes hangers
- Spending money
- Insect repellent
- Face masks
- Laptop/tablet (only if you own one; otherwise, computers are available on campus.)
Please do not bring:
- Car (you are not allowed to have a car on campus during the summer program.)
- TV (There is a TV in the main lounge of the residential hall.)
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Candles or incense
For students taking the bus to Delhi, you are allowed ONE suitcase and ONE handbag/personal bag on the bus.
The suitcase should be standard travel size for Trailways travel: 62 inches (157 cm) when you add together length + width + height.
Remaining needed items for your room can be brought to campus the weekend of August 18th-26th.