Summer Transition Program
Students who attend the EOP Summer Transition Program find their transition to college much smoother and more successful.
- Mandatory for all first-time EOP freshmen
- Three-week program which occurs before the campus Freshman Orientation Program
- Social and Cultural programming provided
- What to bring with you to the Summer Transition Program
- Directions to Delhi
Goals of the EOP Summer Transition Program include:
- Students will become familiar with college academic and social expectations, school policies, student services and learning resources of SUNY Delhi.
- Students will be provided with a variety of arenas to actively interact with faculty, staff, student and community members, both in and out of the classroom setting.
- Students will establish new relationships, make new friends and be introduced to a diverse campus community.
- Students will discuss the importance of accountability, responsibility and positive citizenship at SUNY Delhi and beyond.
- Students will be involved with the educational, cultural and social activities that will enhance their quality of life in a rural college community.
What should I bring?
To enjoy the full complement of summer services and to make your stay on campus comfortable, you should bring the following items:
- COVID REQUIREMENT - 2 Pfizer; 2 Moderna or 1 J/J vaccination are mandatory in order to attend summer college. (Must bring vaccination card.)
- Government-issued picture ID (e.g., driver's license, non-driver's license, Sheriff's ID or passport). You will need this identification to conduct all college business transactions.
- Medical Insurance ID card.
- Medication and prescriptions (please try and get your prescriptions for the month filled before arriving, if possible).
- Linens (pillow, blanket, towels, etc.). All SUNY Delhi residence hall mattresses require "extra-long" twin sheets (33.5 inches x 80 inches x 6.5 inches or 36 inches x 80 inches x 6.5 inches).
- If possible, please bring clothing that you would be comfortable in for our closing ceremony. (Photos will be taken.)
The following items are recommended for the summer college:
- Warm weather clothing (two weeks of clothes is recommended; washers and dryers are available in the residence hall and FREE for the summer.)
- Jacket and umbrella
- Personal toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoos, etc.)
- Laundry detergent (liquid detergent is preferred)
- Clothes hangers
- Spending money
- Insect repellent
- Face masks
- Laptop/tablet (only if you own one; otherwise, computers are available on campus.)
Please do not bring:
- Car (you are not allowed to have a car on campus during the summer program.)
- TV (There is a TV in the main lounge of the residential hall.)
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Candles or incense
For students taking the bus to Delhi, you are allowed ONE suitcase and ONE handbag on the bus.
The suitcase should be standard travel size for Trailways travel: 62 inches (157 cm) when you add together length + width + height.