Four-Year Bachelor of Technology (BT) Degree
Be in charge of the big picture!
Our unique, hands-on Facilities Management program prepares you to manage the buildings and systems of large complexes such as hospitals, commercial spaces, residential or retail centers, and educational facilities. This evolving profession requires varied knowledge, and we’ll prepare you to understand the complete life cycle of working with facilities from the planning and building phase to operations, sustainable practices, and renovations. You’ll also learn skills in project management, problem solving, supervisory abilities, and organizational behavior. An extensive work internship will round out your education, preparing you for diverse opportunities in the field.
If you are interested in learning how to manage buildings and have a knack for problem solving, this degree is for you! Your coursework includes residential, commercial, and civil construction, estimating and planning, building codes, law and contracting, landscape drawing, space management, commercial detailing, and human resource and project management, among others. You’ll have plenty of hands-on learning opportunities to complement classroom studies.
The Delhi Difference
- Our program was established in 2017 in response to a demand for facilities management professionals with a broad skill set. The curriculum is built on the strengths of our programs in construction, skilled trades, architecture, and business.
- Learn from faculty who are leaders in their field with years of industry experience.
- Learn how theory works in practice by putting your skills to use with hands-on learning experiences.
- Gain diverse skills with an ability to plan, design, oversee, and communicate with others across different industries.
- Expand your knowledge of the industry by working closely with our faculty and students in construction and architecture programs.
- Experience the job firsthand by participating in an extensive internship (one full semester and one summer), deepening your understanding of a facility manager’s role.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, facilities managers have a median earnings potential of over $96,000 per year with anticipated job growth at an above-average rate through 2029.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Facility manager at a variety of locations including:
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Educational institutions
- Retail locations like malls or plazas
- Commercial spaces and office buildings
- Residential complexes like apartment buildings or hotels
- Sporting and entertainment venues
- Theme parks, casinos, and convention centers