Nursing Education Online
Master of Science (MS) Degree
Educate the next generation of exceptional nurses!
Our flexible master’s program in Nursing Education prepares you for a career as faculty in pre-licensure and baccalaureate programs, as a staff development coordinator, or as an in-service and community educator. It also provides an excellent foundation for doctoral studies. Requiring only 36 credits, our newly revised curriculum allows you to graduate faster than most other Nursing Education programs. Full-time students can graduate in just three semesters!
If you love nursing and have a desire to teach others, this program is for you! Your courses will cover topics in leadership, policy, communication, ethics, diversity, advanced practice, technology, and scholarly inquiry. You’ll also take electives and complete two practicums.
The Delhi Difference
- Our nursing program has the prestigious designation of Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing (NLN) – the only SUNY college currently on the list.
- We are fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Study full time or part time with manageable 7-week sessions.
- Earn your degree in just 36 credits – one of the lowest among similar programs – with start dates in both fall and spring.
- Take advantage of our affordable public tuition.
- Our practicum coordinators will assist you in finding a practicum location in your community or location of choice.
- Enjoy our extensive online support services that include enrollment counseling, academic advisement, tutoring, library resources, tech support, and career services.
- Participate in our faculty-led service learning experience with Remote Area Medical (RAM).
- Take an optional online Virtual Learning Design and Delivery (VLDD) certificate course.
- Join the local chapter (Sigma Theta Tau) of the Chi Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- You’ll be eligible to sit for the National League for Nursing certification exam for nurse educators.
- Graduate into an in-demand field! There is a critical shortage of nurse educators. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, nursing instructors can expect a median annual income of over $83,000.
- Eligible to sit for National League for Nursing certification examination for nurse educators.
I am so appreciative of the nursing professors at Delhi who taught us how to navigate technology. By being comfortable with the use of video mediums, we have been able to teach our staff how to conduct tele-medicine appointments and reduce their stress and resistance to accepting this new way of treating our patients. I am forever grateful.Whitney Hyde ’19
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Professor or faculty in pre-licensure or baccalaureate-level nursing programs
- Staff development coordinator
- Community educator
- Clinical nurse educator
- Whitney Hyde ’19 - Ambulatory Clinic Nurse, Upstate Health Care Center, Syracuse, NY
- Todd Schultz ’14 - Head Nurse, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit, Bellevue Hospital, New York, NY
Ideal applicants have:
- Graduated from an ACEN or CCNE accredited baccalaureate program
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Unencumbered license to practice as an RN
- Descriptive Statistics course with a grade of C or better
- GRE scores not required for admission
Deadline to apply:
- December 1 - Spring 2022 admission
- August 1 - Fall 2022 admission
Learn more about Delhi's MSN program through our previously recorded webinar.
If you would like to speak with a representative, please fill out the Online Nursing Programs Meet and Greet form to set up a private session or phone call.
SUNY Delhi's MS in Nursing Administration program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). CCNE is located at 655 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20001; phone: 202-887-6791.
The State University of New York (SUNY) at Delhi will be hosting the Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for a virtual accreditation review from October
4 through October 6, 2021. This evaluation will include the Graduate Programs: Master’s
in Nursing Administration and Master’s in Nursing Education.
As part of the review process, CCNE provides the opportunity for program-identified communities of interest to submit comments concerning the program’s qualifications for accreditation. We welcome your input. Signed, written comments will be accepted by CCNE until September 13, 2021.
If you would like to submit a comment for SUNY Delhi’s nursing programs, please submit to email@example.com.
Or, if you prefer, mail comments to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Attn: Third-Party Comments
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
Dr. Susan Deane
Dean, School of Nursing