Parent, Family & Friends Newsletter
Spring Bronco Ready Orientation
Saturday, January 21 & Sunday, January 22, 2023
This two day program is designed for incoming new students to receive important information about campus services, meet with academic advisors, get scheduled for classes, and submit information for the SUNY Delhi Student ID. This is completed as part of your process to finalize your enrollment and become a member of the SUNY Delhi community.
Review the Bronco Ready Schedule and get ready to start your journey with us!
Bronco Bulletin Information
- Student Newsletter Spring 2023 - Published by the Provost's Office, this all-encompassing newsletter assists students in starting the semester off right.
- Fire Safety Sprinkler Notification, Spring 2023 - The Office of Residence Life, University Police, and the Facilities Department are committed to maintaining safe housing for our students. All residence halls and college-sponsored housing meet or exceed the fire safety standards required by the State of New York. The entire campus, including all residence halls, is inspected annually by staff from the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control. Additional information is available on the Fire Safety Sprinkler Notification web page.
- Official Student Handbook & Code of Conduct - The SUNY Delhi Student Handbook & Code of Conduct is the college’s official notification to the campus community containing student
resources, academic policies, campus regulations, and community standards. Students
are responsible for knowing and abiding by the information contained in this Handbook.
Should any member of the campus community have questions after reviewing the document,
please contact the Student Life Division Office.
- The MyDelhi Student web page holds a tremendous amount of resources, links and contact information to be sure your student is successful during their time at Delhi. Bookmark this page!
A Reminder from Health Services
Students are required to submit results from a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of returning to campus after break. Please upload a photo, including your student ID and results of the COVID-19 test to your patient portal.
Any "positive results" you will need to contact Health Services at 607-746 4690. All residential students will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 result upon check-in.
Questions? Please connect with Tanjia Hynes, Health Service Diredctor at 607-746-4690, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Academic Calendar Items
See the Full Academic Calendar for upcoming events and deadlines!
Weather Related Announcements
When severe weather is anticipated, the college closely monitors the conditions. The
campus community should always assume classes will be held as originally scheduled
unless otherwise notified by the college.
In the event of severe weather which could cause classes to be delayed, postponed, or canceled, information will be communicated by:
- The RAVE alert system to send text, voice, and email messages for those who have signed up. Please be sure that you are signed up for the RAVE alert system in order to receive these important messages.
- The SUNY Delhi website banner (at the top of the page)
- Social Media notification on Facebook and Instagram for followers of our accounts.
Only the Governor of New York can close a State agency, including our college. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for more information.
Always use your best discretion when traveling in difficult weather conditions and
contact your supervisor with any questions.
For more information about winter weather in our area, visit the National Weather Service forecast for Delhi.
Academic Dismissals & Academic Probation
Students will receive notification via their Delhi email address on/about Wednesday, December 21, 2022, if they have been academically dismissed or will be on academic probation for the Spring 2023 semester.
Students who do not appeal their dismissal, and students whose appeal was denied, need to follow the directions from Residence Life (pdf) about removing their belongings. To schedule a pick up time, please use this link.
Apply for 2023-2024 Financial Aid
It’s not too early to apply for financial aid for the 2023-2024 academic year. As of October 1, 2022, both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the NYS Student Aid Payment Application (also known as the TAP application), became available. Apply today! Student Financial Services, 607-746-4570, email@example.com
Designed for All Students
- BroncoCONNECT: SUNY Delhi’s engagement platform brings our community together and helps keep us connected. Students can learn about events and activities on and off campus, find volunteer opportunities, and be engaged with student organizations and campus departments. There is always something to do!
- CARE Team: Concerned about your student? Or maybe your student is concerned about someone else, and they are not sure who to go to? Let us help you find the right person to talk to about any situation.
- Starfish: This campus communication tool supports student success through academic kudos and flags.
- Tutoring Services are FREE and available for ALL students with no limit to the number of courses or hours a student can receive tutoring help.
The Resnick Academic Achievement Center
The Resnick Academic Achievement Center is committed to providing a welcoming environment that supports students in their goal of achieving academic success. The Center is committed to serving all students with the goal of them becoming independent learners. Through a coordination of multiple departments, the Resnick Academic Achievement Center offers a variety of resources, programs, and services to prepare students for the rigors of the college experience and beyond. Located on the Second Floor of Bush Hall.
Services Provided in the Center
- Academic Advising/Academic Warning System
- Tutorial Services
- Math Center
- Writing Center
- Access and Equity Services
- The Educational Opportunity Program
- Career Center
- C-PASS (Collective Pursuit for Academic & Social Supports Program)
- Academic Exploration Program (Undeclared Students)