Deadlines for Dropping Classes
Drop a Full Semester Class
- The deadline to drop a full semester class without a grade of ‘W’ is Friday, September 17, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- The deadline to drop a full semester class with a grade of ‘W’ is Friday, November 5, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Fees Associated with Dropping a Full Semester Class
- If you drop a full semester course between September 25 and November 5, a $20 fee will be charged to your student account.
- Students wishing to drop should send an email from their SUNY Delhi email account to their course instructor and academic advisor requesting the drop. If the advisor approves the drop, they will forward the email thread to the Registrar's Office for processing.
- The effective drop date of the course is based on the date stamp of the student's
- Please don't wait until the last minute. If you are unable to obtain a reply from your instructor or advisor, you may seek the approval of your division dean or program director.
- The student will receive a confirmation email once the course is dropped.
- The deadline to be approved for a drop extension for a full semester class is Friday, November 5 at 5 p.m.
- Approved drop extension requests are submitted to the student’s division office via email.
- In accordance with academic policy, "Prior to the end of the business day on the last day of the 10th week, at the discretion of and with written permission from the instructor, any student who has a 90 percent or higher attendance rate and who has consistently demonstrated an effort and interest in the course, may withdraw up to the Monday of the 14th week.”
- Students wishing to file a drop extension should send an email from their SUNY Delhi email account to their course instructor and academic advisor requesting the drop extension. The extension must be approved by Friday, November 5, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Drop extensions are NOT a course drop. They merely give the student additional time to make a decision about dropping. If the student who has been granted a drop extension decides to drop the course, they file both the previously approved drop extension and a request to drop via email with their course instructor and advisor. If the advisor approves the drop with extension, they will forward the email thread to the Registrar's Office for processing.
- Requests to drop a course with a preapproved extension must be submitted by the Monday of the 14th week. The deadline for Fall 2021 is Monday, November 29.
Drop deadlines for classes that meet less than a full semester are prorated and available on the SUNY Delhi Academic Calendar.
If you have any questions about any of these academic deadlines or registration, please contact the Registrar’s Office, 607-746-4560 or email@example.com.