Electrical Construction and Instrumentation
Electrical Construction and Instrumentation (AAS) (AOS)
Prepare for a variety of careers installing and maintaining electrical systems in
residential, commercial or industrial settings with our Electrical Construction and
You can choose to earn your Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) degree and enter the workforce directly, or earn an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree and continue on to a related bachelor's degree program.
- Choose the AOS program and get right to work or choose the AAS program to transfer to a bachelor's program.
- Elective opportunities in Green Building and Low Voltage/Alarms
- Our Electrical Technologies Center offers hands-on experience with residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Master the National Electrical Code.
- Opportunity to take an OSHA 30 Construction Safety course
- Electrical line technician
- Facilities maintenance technician
- Electrical mechanic
- Installer for generator installation company
- Crane/Elevator operator
- Electrician/HVAC technician
- Controls technician for oil and gas exploration
- Railroad signal technician
- Instrumentation technician
- Service representative
- Project manager
- Chief engineer
Graduates find employment with major firms like Chobani, Breakstone, General Electric, National Grid, New York State Power Authority, A.Treffeisen & Son, Quality Inns and Suites, Amtrak, MetroNorth Railroad and many more. Average starting salaries range from $37,000 to $75,000.
Bachelor's Degree Opportunities at SUNY Delhi
Recommended Admissions Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry; Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
- 73 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra; Geometry and Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
SUNY Curriculum Codes:
- AAS Electrical Construction and Instrumentation: 1642
- AOS Electrical Construction and Instrumentation: 1151