Renewable Energy Integration
Two-Year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) or Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree
Launch your career in the rapidly expanding fields of alternative and renewable energies.
Become a highly skilled and employable electrical technician with expertise in both
traditional utility and alternative energy systems. Due to a growing demand for renewable
energy and regulatory reforms, there is an increased need for qualified technicians.
Our program sets you up for success by providing all the knowledge and hands-on experience
you’ll need with metering, service, line construction and maintenance.
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree prepares you for the potential of a bachelor’s degree. You’ll take courses in renewable energy systems along with electives and general education courses that can count toward a related four-year degree. Bachelor’s degree options at SUNY Delhi include Construction Management: Design and Building (BT), Facilities Management (BT), and Mechatronics Technology (BT).
The Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) degree prepares you to enter directly into the workforce as an energy technician with intensive lab instruction.
If you love to be physically active, work outside, and solve problems, this degree was designed for you! You’ll train to become a highly skilled electrical technician through courses that cover metering, service, line construction, and maintenance. Central to your studies are alternative residential energy technologies, including solar arrays, wind turbines, generators, and energy storage systems.
The Delhi Difference
- Our Electrical Technologies Center features specially designed labs, allowing you to work on residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- A fully operational 22.5 kW solar array with 100 solar panels, located right on campus, gives you an opportunity to work with renewable energy technology.
- You’ll also train on our wind turbine tower performing real-world jobs.
- Become an expert in climbing techniques on both wood utility poles and steel towers.
- With the highest safety standards, our program allows you to train in a controlled, professional setting and learn best practices to avoid accidents on the job.
- Learn directly from knowledgeable faculty with professional experience working in electric utility and alternative energy industries.
- Participate in our Lineman’s Rodeo Challenge, an on-campus pole installation competition.
- Our program is recognized by the Interstate Renewable Energy Council.
- Entry-level technicians in electrical or solar energy installation and repair can expect to make up to $66,000 per year, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The two occupations projected to grow fastest are solar photovoltaic installers and wind turbine service technicians.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Utility line worker
- Electrical services planner
- Solar panel/photovoltaic installer
- Wind energy technician
- Generator installer
SUNY Delhi is one of the only schools in the state that offers hands-on majors like this. Climbing the towers is really fun and the instructors are the best. I’m so happy I chose this program. In the future, I would like work in NYC installing solar panels.Tony Ayala '24