Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Create a FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID at the Federal Student Aid website.
- Both the student and a parent (of dependent students) will need to create an ID.
- Keep the IDs in a safe place and do not share your account information.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available annually and you will use the same FSA IDs each time.
File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using your FSA ID. The FAFSA serves as the basis for most financial aid available at SUNY Delhi. We recommend you file as soon as possible after October 1 prior to the academic year you are applying for.
You can expect to see the following sections:
- Basic Personal Information
- List of Colleges (SUNY Delhi's school code is '002857')
- Determine your dependency status at the Federal Student Aid website.
- Parents' Information (if dependent)
- Financial Information
- Sign and Submit the FAFSA form
To qualify for campus-based student aid (aid that's awarded from limited pools of funding at SUNY Delhi each year), we recommend filing by February 1. Applications filed after that will still be processed, but your chances of receiving campus-based funds may be diminished.
NOTE: About one-third of FAFSA applications are selected for verification. That will mean submitting some extra documents, which SUNY Delhi will request.
Apply for State Aid
Eligible students can apply for the grants and scholarships such as the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website after submitting the FAFSA. This should be done within two to three days of filing the FAFSA, if not immediately afterward. A link to the TAP application should be available on the FAFSA submission confirmation page.
You'll need one of the following SUNY Delhi TAP codes:
- 3020 for certificate and associate degree programs
- 6020 for bachelor's degree programs
- 5024 for graduate scholarship programs (graduates are not eligible for TAP)
Once your application has been processed, you'll receive a TAP/State Scholarship Award Notice. If additional information is needed to process your TAP award, you'll receive a Request for Information from the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). Be sure to respond to this request immediately to avoid processing delays.
The NYS Excelsior Scholarship Application will be open during certain time frames. Sign up for 'eNews' on the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website to be notified of upcoming applications.
Additionally, the NYS Dream Act provides access to grant and scholarship opportunities for undocumented and other students to assist with the cost of higher education. Visit the Higher Education Service Corporation (HESC) Dream Act website for eligibility requirements.
See what financial aid you qualify for.
Incoming students who have been accepted to SUNY Delhi, along with returning students, will receive a notification via email and/or mail with information regarding their financial aid eligibility.
- Students may view their most recent award information in their Bronco Web account.
- Also within Bronco Web, students may accept, decline or reduce their federal student loan(s), if offered.
- We encourage students to check their SUNY Delhi email regularly, as Student Financial Services will use it to follow up on applications, send forms and request additional documents. It's important that you reply promptly to avoid missing out on financial aid opportunities.
Your financial aid depends on maintaining certain academic standards. Know what's expected of you and keep track of your progress to avoid falling behind and risking your financial advantage. More information regarding the federal and state academic progress requirements can be found on our Important Policies web page.